Model # 048-GM-48035 / 48036
This is a review for all the people that are curious to know if this washing machine really does work or not. Before making a decision, I did a lot of research. It was a hard decision because there are just as many good reviews as bad so that made the decision even harder. There was a lot of hesitation going on because all I could think about was if this thing doesn’t work that’s a lot of money to blow for no reason. And, who wants to do that? I’m sure everyone can relate here ^_^
I am going to share with you my honest opinion on this washer.
This machine is perfect for small spaces, especially if you live in an apartment, dorm room or condo. Smaller living space means it’s harder to do laundry at home because, well, where are you going to put it where it makes absolute sense? That’s where this baby comes in.
Out of 10? I would give it a 6.5. I feel like portable washing machines in general are priced way too high for what you get. It’s basically like a big storage bin with a bunch of mechanical equipment in it – but don’t let that stop you – here’s my reasons why:
- It’s easy to take out of the box yourself. Just lay it on the side and pull it out slowly. It’s not heavy at all. (At this point I was starting to get super pumped up because it was easier than expected to get out.) Instructions are very easy to understand and follow.
- It is very small – this makes it a perfect fit for small spaces like the bathroom or even inside a closet. (If you decide to use a closet you will need a large tall bucket for the water to drain out into). Make sure the bucket has enough room so no water splashes out.
- Filling it with water is easy. You can use a bucket to fill it or a shower hose. There are lines in the machine so you will know exactly when to stop adding water.
- Time consuming. It doesn’t take a lot of time to wash, just 15 minutes or less, which I think is pretty good if you are doing smaller loads anyways.
- The washer cleans the clothes surprisingly really well. You can see it and hear it swooshing and moving all around, so you know it is getting a good wash.
First thoughts when opening the box: “Wow, that’s quite small!” I did measure before buying and it is definitely smaller somehow. But it evens out – the smaller the better for smaller living situations.
Overall thoughts – It is a little loud. But just the right amount of loud for what it’s capable of doing in 15 minutes or less. It’s not like thump thump loud, soft but loud. The spin dryer is basically a joke, though. There is a piece inside the spin dryer you can use to ring the water out but the angle it is on makes it harder to ring out. It might be okay for small clothing like socks, undergarments or baby clothes. However the spin dryer IS REALLY LOUD. And I mean really loud. It shakes, it’s loud and does some weird stuff. I didn’t even bother with it. I ended up ringing out the clothes by hand and hanging them on a dryer rack. I feel like the spin dryer is too much pressure for what it’s made of. Maybe that’s why some washers go faster than others? Who knows.
Don’t add too much clothing, just enough so it doesn’t overpower the washer. Remember its basically like a big bin with strong plastic and motor stuff. If you add heavy clothing you will have twice as much work to do. It’s mostly good for small items. Baby clothes, small wash and hand towels, socks, undergarments, t-shirts, shorts etc. Just don’t overload it.
Do not add a lot of laundry soap. You might be used to adding half a cup but that is way too much for these little things. It will suds up real quick and you will end up with a bad situation. I use a 1.5 tablespoon and it’s just the right amount.
If your laundry that is drying drips water on the floor, you can use it to mop the floors with some cleaner.
If you are just looking for a portable washer, I think this is the way to go but I suggest you look for something under $150 for the amount of work you still have to put into it. Not everyone is going to be okay with some of the downfalls but I was washing my clothes by hand previously, so this is a huge step up for me. Plus it’s a workout for you! Can’t go wrong with that.