It’s mid 2020 already, let’s just forget about the cables on this one – if you haven’t considered getting a wireless charger for your PlayStation 4 controller, here are some reasons why you should get one. It’s a safe, fast and easy experience for all gamers.
Wireless chargers are so much better than the standard micro USB cord. Wireless charging gives you a better charging experience right from the start. This charger eliminates cords. Do you hate having to bend down to grab the cord, or do your cords get tangled amongst other cords? Not to mention you have to carefully insert the USB micro charger into the controller the proper way or over time you will put wear and tear on the controller.
Forget it! Wireless charger = No more of that.
Here’s my reasons why this charger is a must for your gaming needs:
- Easy to install. It’s less work – just place it in the docking station, and the wireless charger does the rest for you. Once the charger is placed in its new home, it stays there and you no longer have to worry about bending down to grab the cord. Just forget about having to deal with those annoying cords completely! All you have to do is put it on the base and away you go. A clean setup. If you prefer not bending down to charge your controller, you should place the base up higher rather than lower.
- Dual charging. Most of these designs seem to charge two controllers at the same time. This is a really nice experience again, without extra cords getting in your way. It’s always handy to have two controllers charged, especially if you’re planning a long gaming session. Nobody wants to stop half way through a game to charge your controller. Another useful feature is that since the charger can be plugged into the wall with an AC adapter, you don’t have to have your console turned on to charge them.
- Copper technology. Most of these chargers are upgraded with copper technology rather than aluminum. Copper gives you an overall better performance as it is less resistant than aluminum. This type of technology is better for electronics.
- LED Charge indicator lights. Located on the front of the charger, the lights clearly tell you the charging status at a glance without having to touch the controller to find out. The LED lights are bright, but not too bright – just enough brightness to glow in the dark.
- Prevents damage. These chargers work very well and don’t use the top of the controller to charge; instead, it uses the Ext. port that’s on the bottom of the controller. This is something. When you charge the controller with the USB in the top port of the controller, it can wear down over time. With this wireless base you won’t have to use the cord anymore – this solves all the weird charging issues with USB micro, such as having to wiggle the cord around to get it going. These problems can be forgotten when using the dock. It also has push mechanism so you don’t have to worry about yanking the controller off the base or falling off the base.
- Intelligent protection chips. Charging will stop at 100 % and that’s it. If the controller is left on the base to charge for too long, it will never damage your controller, keeping it protected and safe to give the battery a longer lifetime. No more overcharging. Most of these chargers have overheat, over-currant, over-voltage and short circuit protection. This is amazing, especially for such a small price. What nice features to have – full protection and saves you money in the long run.
- Aesthetically pleasing. It’s nice to look at – looks amazing, awesome and it’s super stylish. I can display my controllers while charging at the same time and it looks real good. Like a little alien head or something.
- Sturdy. It’s durable and solid but yet small and lightweight. There are rubber feet on the bottom which prevents the base from sliding around and falling, which means less damage. It’s very well built.
- Price. It’s so cheap, and well worth the money. You will be suprised by the price for what you get.
Most of these wireless chargers are compatiable with PS4, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro.
This is the one I got off Amazon:
PS4 Controller Charger, OIVO Dualshock 4 Controller USB Charging Station Dock with LED Light Indicators, Playstation 4 Charging Station for Sony Playstation4 / PS4 / PS4 Slim / PS4 Pro Controller
Finally a device that does the job like it should!
I would give this a 9/10. I haven’t had one complaint about this charger and I’ve been using it for about five months now. It’s worth every cent. Everything I listed above, this charger has accomplished it all. I’ve forgotten it on the base for a day and it’s still working as it should.
Ovio says they have 5 year support, so they must know their product is a good one and that should help make your decision about buying it worry-free. In the long run it will pay for itself.
This charger makes your gaming experience more fun and carefree since it’s such a breeze to use right out of the box.
This wireless charger is amazing for many reasons. If you’re able to – go get yourself one!